Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scholarship Opportunity

I just heard about a scholarship opportunity for students still in high school, or those who are college undergraduates, from 1800Wheelchair.com. The 1800Wheelchair scholarship isn't limited to students with mobility impairments, but they say "preference will be given to students with mobility disabilities".

Contrary to popular belief, there aren't a lot of scholarship opportunities for students with disabilities -- you should check it out.

3 comments:

yahoo said...

Hello,

I am a special education teacher in Philadelphia. I am also at grad school getting my masters in special education. I came across your blog and would like to ask you a few questions on society’s attitudes on disability. (Its for one of my grad classes) Would you be willing to help me out by answering three questions? You can contact me via email, and I’ll send the questions. Thank you.

Reality Check Woman said...

Andy -- You have to send me your email address to teri.adams@pacbell.net

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing this link. There are a variety of scholarships available for people with disabilities. Disaboom.com, an online resource and community for people with disabilities, just launched a Disability Scholarships section on its site, which lists over 125 scholarships for people with disabilities. Scholarships are categorized, from comprehensive disability-related scholarships to condition-specific scholarships to group-specific scholarships. The entire list can be found at http://www.disaboom.com/Resources/DisabilityScholarships/Default.aspx. Hope this proves to be an additional resource for people! Thanks again.

Emily (Disaboom.com)